Usually, the users might witness QuickBooks Code 12031 while getting the latest QuickBooks or the payroll updates. Incorrectly configured internet settings may also be one of the reasons that may lead to this error. The users may also observe this error when the Windows firewall blocks QuickBooks from downloading the updates, considering QB a threat. Therefore, to permanently eliminate the QuickBooks Error Code 12031, you must go through this post attentively.
Are you pissed off by getting QuickBooks Code 120131 while updating QB payroll and need immediate help? The best thing that you can do is to seek advice from our highly trained experts. You can reach our specialists directly by dialing TFN .
What is QuickBooks Error Code 12031?
QuickBooks Error 12031 might pop up on the user’s screen while attempting to update QuickBooks or payroll services of QuickBooks. However, the users might encounter this error due to issues with the internet connection. In other instances, you may discover this error while getting the latest updates in QuickBooks Desktop, Payroll New Features, Maintenance Releases, and Accountant. When users encounter this error, the following error message comes into view:
“Error 12031: A network timeout that is preventing QuickBooks from accessing the server.”
However, the following is the list of similar error codes that may appear while downloading QuickBooks updates.
- QuickBooks Update Error 12007
- QuickBooks Update Error 12002
- Update Error 12029
- QuickBooks Error 12009
Reasons Why do users need to experience QuickBooks Payroll Error 12031
Usually, the users might discover QuickBooks Code 12031 on their computer’s screen due to internet connectivity issues. However, there are numerous other instances when the users might experience this error. Check the following factors that are responsible for this error.
- Loss of internet packet or network timeout might create issues while updating QB updates or payroll.
- Invalid SSL Settings may also be one of the reasons that may trigger the error.
- QuickBooks may be identified as a security threat by your firewall, preventing it from communicating with the server.
Best Procedures to handle with QuickBooks Error Message 12031
It becomes easier and more convenient for the users to overcome the QuickBooks Code 12031 that may appear while updating payroll. Here, we have specified some of the simple and proven methods using which you can easily resolve this error.
Procedure 1: Choose the Appropriate Internet Connection Settings in QuickBooks
- Initially, open QuickBooks Desktop, and then choose the Internet Connection Setup below the Help tab.
- Move to the “Use My Computer’s Internet Connection Settings” and then click Next.
- After this, tap on the Done option and try to rerun the QuickBooks update.
- If the Update QuickBooks window displays errors such as 12031, proceed to the next troubleshooting step and reset the QuickBooks updates.
Procedure 2: Exclude QuickBooks From Firewall Blocking
- To begin with, go to the Window menu and then put “Firewall” within the blank area.
- Moving ahead, tap on the Windows Firewall.
- After this, pick Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall (or, Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall for Windows 10)
- In the upcoming screen, opt for the Change Settings option.
- You must select the QuickBooks checkbox to allow it through the Windows Firewall.
With this, we end this post here and assure you that now you can easily overcome QuickBooks Code 12031 by following the solutions described above. However, if you are still struggling with this error, talk to our experts. Dial TFN +1(800)-578-0315.
Most often, users might end up with QuickBooks Code 12031 while getting the latest QuickBooks payroll updates. The users might also observe this error when Windows Firewall obstructs QB from getting the latest updates. In other instances, it may occur due to incorrect internet settings. Therefore, to resolve this error verify your internet settings. Also, you must exempt the firewalls from blocking QB.
Why am I continuously experiencing QuickBooks Code 12031 while updating payroll?
My company has been utilizing the QuickBooks Payroll feature to reduce their manual payroll processing tasks to pay employees on time. Everytime, while paying my staff, I update the QuickBooks payroll to run the payroll smoothly with the new advanced features. But this time, when I tried updating it, it started flashing QuickBooks Code 12031 on my screen. I tried verifying my internet connection, and everything was excellent. I have gone through other blogs over the internet, but still, I won’t understand what to do next. So, can you please share some simple hacks to overcome this error?
You may even like Quickbooks online vs desktop comparison