Are you tired of all those regular snack packs and want to try something different at home? Let us give you one of the easiest loaded tater tots recipes that you can make at home and satisfy your mid night food cravings. These can be stored and fried later on or eaten instantly.
Following in the list of ingredients that will be required for loaded tater tots recipe:
- Half kg Idaho potatoes
- Garlic powder half teaspoon
- Salt a pinch
- Black pepper powder according to taste
- Cornmeal is optional
To make the perfect snack you can follow the below mention step by step procedure and get your food ready in no time at all.
Steps for procedure
Boiling the potatoes
- The Idaho potatoes are the best type of potatoes found for their flavor and smooth and texture, surface.
- First of all, you need to peel the potatoes.
- Then, wash them under a tap.
- So, now take a pan and add cold water
- Then, bring the water to a boil and immediately add the potatoes
- Afterward, reduce stove heat and boil them
- You need to simmer them for at least 10 minutes
- The small sized one takes a few minutes to boil
- While the medium or large one can take up to 10 minutes or more time
- Now, using a knife check if they are boiled or not
- But make sure, when you put a knife in them, they are not fully boiled
- Otherwise, the tater tots could taste bad
- Then, put them aside and drain the water
- After their temperature is cooled, you will begin the next procedure
- You can do this step with a machine or using your hand
- So, you will need to mash the potatoes
- As soon as you grate, with the help of your hand, squeeze them to drain out the water content from them
Adding the spices
- So, now in a bowl or container, add the mashed potatoes.
- Next, add the mentioned spices
- Then, you can even add vegetables like chopped parsley to it
- Afterward, you can use freshly chopped garlic instead of powder one to enhance its flavors
- For this purpose, use of your hands rather than a spatula
- This step will make your tater tots bind together with the coating
- Finally, you need to give them the shape of tater tots e.g., rectangular or circular shape
- For example, give it a rectangular or circular shape
- Then, coat them with a cornmeal coating
- Similarly, this coating will shield them from breaking when frying
Loaded tater tots
So to make them loaded, you need to add cheese to them. Hence, the cheese will add gooiness to the tater tots flavor. You can add various hot sauces to the loaded tater tots. Our recommendation is for dingolay hot sauce as it is a perfect blend of Jamaican Scotch Bonnet Pepper and exotic spices.
Anyhow, there are two major techniques that can be used to make tater tots. The first one is to deep fry the potatoes or else air fry them.
For deep frying
- First of all, take a deep frying pan and add oil
- Then, heat up the oil on a high flame
- Afterward, put the tater tots and fry them on medium to low heat
- Then, fry them until they change to golden color
- So, now dish them on a platter
For air frying
- Firstly, take an air fryer and set the mode on preheating.
- Then, in the grill pan, spray some oil
- Now, place the tater tots on that grill pan and press start the button of the air fryer
- After the half time has passed, you need to change the side of the tater tots
- So that both of the sides are equally fried
You can add the dingolay gourmet hot sauce for their serving. Also, this sauce will give you mouthwatering flavors of the dish. Because the sauce contains Jamaican scotch bonnet peppers. They use ripened pepper for the making of this sauce. Moreover, they mix them with the following
- Olive oil
- Brown sugar
Mostly, people enjoy the sauce with vegetables and snacks like tater tots. Also, it can be served with rice and pizzas.