Did your house or office been damaged due to accident or vandalism? If yes, then you need to search for emergency boarding up services to prevent further damage to your valuable property. This way, you can stay secured and ensure there is no further damage caused. The glaziers help in permanent fixtures within a short time. Go through this blogpost to know about emergency boarding up services and how to recover from natural disaster.
About emergency boarding up services
Your windows are an essential part of your house. If the windows are old or in bad condition, then they may break easily due to bad weather condition or attack of burglars. The emergency glaziers will inspect your property and then suggest suitable way to secure it, according to the kind of damage in your house or office. In case the house roof gets damaged, emergency boarding up service secure the trap to avoid rain and debris from causing further damage to the interior. But if the doorways or windows are damaged, the inspectors cut and secure plywood through the openings to prevent theft and vandalism. You need to talk to glazing experts when looking for services like emergency boarding up and shop front boarding up in Birmingham.
Reasons to look for emergency boarding up services
- Storm damage: Tornadoes, hurricanes and windstorms are the most powerful rage of nature. These weather conditions may cause broken window.
- Fire: Fire flames may damage your house and thrash glass window unexpectedly. The heat from structural fire can be the reason for enormous blow for extreme damage to your house, including shattered glass windows.
- Property vacant: The abandoned and foreclosed properties are generally left with broken windows. With emergency board up services, you can prevent your house from further damage.
- Preventative measure: It is a better idea to plan in advance with local board up services when there is a big storm. This preventative measure can protect and save windows from breaking.
Necessary steps to consider when preparing during terrible weather
- Know about weather condition by listening to the forecast. This way, you will get proper information about local weather forecasts, real-time updates and emergency alerts.
- Discuss about an emergency with the family when there is some disaster at your place. Try to keep important things safely.
- Board up windows after your house or office gets struck due to a storm in preventative measure.
How emergency boarding up works
When you need to hire a glazier for emergency boarding up works, consider these benefits given below:
- It prevents further recurrence of major damage to your house or office. For example, tornadoes, wind storms and hurricanes can break windows easily. So, the interior may become highly vulnerable to storm damages.
- Broken windows allow thieves and burglars to enter your house easily. So, it is necessary to board up windows and stay away from them when there is any disaster.
- You may secure broken windows or board up windows immediately after weather disturbance in your place. For this, you need to depend on a reliable boarding up company who ensures everything will be in good condition.
You need to get in touch with specialists who offer services like window glaziers in Birmingham area.
How to board up your vacant property for security reasons
- Boarding up several accessible openings – The board up windows let intruders get access to your house. When windows are broken, they give easy accessibility to vandals and squatters by forming liabilities and causing extreme damage. Though secured doors and windows can be accessed easily with minimal force, this ensures door boarding up necessary for security purpose.
- Tension window boarding up – Windows board up is necessary to preserve your property from the attack of burglars. Other than screwing board to window frames, the tension process of window boarding up requires carriage bolts between inner and outer frame. The procedure delivers improved security as there aren’t any screws to remove and the bold heads of carriage provides no purchase for wrench.
- Oversized window boarding up – The openings of the window may be larger in comparison to plywood sheet which require joining with plywood strip cut in proper length. After this, it should be attached with screws for making the board of correct size.
- Door boarding up – The tension procedure for door boarding up requires additional braces and carriage bolts to make secured board up.
- Boarding up for overhead door – By choosing masonry drill and concrete fasteners, you will be able to install lumber with door opening to act as base plate. Prepare a stud frame and affix with stud base plate, above and on each side. Try to overhead the door openings which are big enough for tension method and using screws. So, screws might be used as they provide better security than head screws.
Advantages of post-storm emergency board up services
Most people book an emergency boarding up service after there is sudden storm. This is because disastrous situations happen unexpectedly and though the damage is already done to windows, it is necessary to schedule post-storm emergency board up service. Read on to know why you should do so:
- Lessen the threat of liability – It is necessary to board up broken windows after any disaster for safety of kids, family members, neighbours and friends. Your loved ones are at greater risk of injury when they enter in an unstable place.
- Keep your invaders away – Broken windows are an invitation to thieves and burglars. It is essential to board up windows as security measure till you replace broken windows.
Boarding up windows is a suitable option to secure your house and costly properties. Make sure you speak with experienced glaziers for emergency boarding up services in Birmingham so that the windows are completely safe and secure from any internal or external problems. You can also hire glazing specialists when looking for boarding up services for the vacant property. This allows you to enjoy the benefits of such services by hiring a reliable service provider for your need.